- These terms and conditions (the ‘Standard Terms’), together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any JewelStreet Competition (as defined below) (the individual 'Competition Terms'), are known as the 'Rules'. Capitalised words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning as given to them in these Standard Terms. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and these Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition that is promoted on the JewelStreet website (www.Jewelstreet.com), or any JewelStreet official social media page (@JewelStreet), and is promoted by JewelStreet Limited (‘JewelStreet’), (a 'Competition').
- By entering a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- JewelStreet reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of a Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of JewelStreet’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of a Competition, will be posted on the JewelStreet website (www.Jewelstreet.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed of any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding: (a) the Rules, (b) the conduct or results of the Competition, and/or (c) any other matter relating to a Competition (including the terms on which JewelStreet and/or the judges award or have awarded a Prize), then the: (i) decision of JewelStreet and/or the judges (as applicable) shall be final and unchallengeable, and (ii) no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by JewelStreet.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information and imagery submitted by you in your entry is yours, and is true, accurate, and complete in every respect. JewelStreet reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is only open to persons who are aged 18 or older on the date of launch of the Competition.
- Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and age.
- Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident or which otherwise applies to that person.
JewelStreet reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to JewelStreet disqualifying that person without JewelStreet giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including JewelStreet); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. JewelStreet reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, JewelStreet will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the closing date of a Competition and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the JewelStreet website.
Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one entry per person is permitted. In the event that JewelStreet discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 12 above.
JewelStreet accepts no responsibility for the return of any entries.
JewelStreet will be able (in its sole discretion) to re-gram (on Instagram) or use on any of the JewelStreet social media pages any Competition entries without notice, and you accept this use and that such use will be archived after the closing date of the Competition.
- Prizes for winners (on the terms of these Standard Terms) of a Competition will be set out in the Rules for each Competition (‘Prizes’).
Prize-winners will be selected and notified either in the manner set out in the Competition Terms, or through direct message on their Instagram or Twitter (or other social media used to enter the Competition) page. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by JewelStreet in its sole discretion).
Where entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, JewelStreet reserves the right to set and/or amend the criteria used to judge entries.
Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a Prize being unavailable for any reason JewelStreet reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
Prizes must be accepted by a Prize-winner. In the event that any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize notification within 14 days, JewelStreet reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 12 above.
The value of a Prize may be taxable as income. The receipt by any winner of any of the Prize components of a Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all local, federal, and state rules and regulations. The winner is solely responsible for all insurance and any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes that become due with respect to the prize.
- JewelStreet accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
JewelStreet accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a computer, script, macro or the use of automated devices to enter any Competition will be void.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION
- You agree that JewelStreet (and any third party authorised by JewelStreet) may use your entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the JewelStreet website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your entry is original that you own and have the right to license to JewelStreet the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your entry but you give JewelStreet (and any third party authorised by JewelStreet) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
JewelStreet will use any personal information that you provide with your entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves, and disclosure of their country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
COPIES OF THESE RULES
- A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Legal Department, JewelStreet Limited, 2nd Floor Suite, 94 Whiteladies Road, Bristol, United Kingdom BS8 2QX