Have you heard about Tanzanite before? This exotic gem is a very pretty blue violet mineral stone. The colour of it mimics two of the most popular gems - sapphire and amethyst, and appears to have different colours when viewed from different angles.
What is Tanzanite?
- Tanzanite was first discovered in 1967 in Tanzania, East Africa.
- Tanzanite is so precious and rare because it is found and mined in a small area in Northern Tanzania.
- It was named Tanzanite after its country of origin (Tanzania) by Tiffany & Co. in 1968.
- It's heated to 500°C to develop its blue colour.
- Tanzanite was declared as the 'December Birthstone' in 2002.
- It's known to have the power to activate and integrate the energies in healing.
Take a look at our gorgeous selection of Tanzanite jewellery, from chunky necklaces to dainty rings. We have picked out our favourites to give you a glimpse.
Vibrant and alluring, these earrings are made of vivid blue heart cut tanzanites - the best gift to express your love.
Designed and handcrafted in New York to the highest standard - this ring from Paragon Fine Jewellery showcases a sense of chic sophistication.
Let this striking Tanzanite necklace glimmer around your neck, wear it with a breezy blouse to look and feel glamorous all summer long.
Go for big teardrop chandelier earrings to really up the wow-factor. This pair of dangling earrings feature softly curving shapes with glittering Tanzanite stones, sure to be a spotlight stealer.